The days are getting shorter and temperatures are slowly starting to dip, which means it’s time to start thinking about winterizing your lawn! Think of your lawn as a hibernating animal: as summer winds down and autumn approaches, your grass gets to work absorbing moisture, energy, and nutrients to prepare for winter, which it will spend dormant. Winterizing your lawn ensures a healthy, lush, and lovely lawn come spring!
At Hawkeye Services, we can do the winterization process for you! This includes:
● Fall Cleanup - leaf and debris removal
● Winterizer fertilizer application - fall is the optimal time to fertilize your lawn, since your grass is preparing to “hibernate” for the winter and will store up all the fertilizer nutrients in reserve. If you only fertilize your lawn once per year, make it in the fall!
● Final weed spray of the season - fall is the best time of year to wage war on weeds! Since they are also trying to store nutrients for the winter, they are most susceptible to our weed spray, which ensures that you won’t be seeing them come spring.
● Aeration - we also aerate your soil to ensure that water, oxygen, and the fertilizer can get right down to the grassroots.
● Overseeding - this is best done early in the fall, to ensure the seed germinates and establishes before the first frost. When winter is over and warm weather returns, this new grass will quickly take off -- thicker, lusher, and greener than if the re-seeding was done in the spring!
Prepare your lawn now for the harsh upcoming Minnesota winter and you be rewarded with a lush, beautiful lawn come spring! Call Hawkeye Landscaping Services at 507-261-0225 today to get your free estimate and schedule your lawn winterization.